Rhino Products Group is Europe’s leading manufacturer of roof racks, steps and accessories for commercial vehicles. Our business is currently embarking on a period of expansion with the relocation to new purpose-built manufacturing and head office facility in Ellesmere Port to support our growing worldwide customer base, combined with continuous and innovative product development.
To support these exciting growth plans we are looking for a further Junior Design Engineer to join our Technical department. This is a new role for a hands on individual to really show some creative flair to enhance our brand and have the ability to bring fresh ideas. We are looking for somebody to produce 3D models, detail drawings of components for manufacture, modify and manage current designs and to create fitting instructions.
The right candidate will need to be creative thinking and have a great eye for design, coupled with excellent attention to detail along with a portfolio that demonstrates strong design skills.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Produce 3D designs using Solidworks
- Produce high quality detailed drawings of design and customer instructions to BS8888 and manage any changes.
- Day to day compliance with drawing system, ensuring drawings are accurate and conform to the required customers specifications
- Have a good understanding of the materials being utilised
- Effectively utilise the companies MRP systems
- Assist with any production issues that may arise
- Liaise with other internal departments, including the shop floor
- Educated to HNC or above in an Engineering/Design oriented subject.
- Experience of Solidworks.
- Excellent communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Occasional travel will be required.
Hours of work: 8:30am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday
30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Free onsite parking
Company pension scheme
Employee reward scheme
To apply for this position please forward your CV with a covering letter stating how your skills and experience would be suited to this role. Email or Post your application to: email@example.com
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position, we do not sponsor work permits